New Online Professional Learning Courses from Wonder Workshop
We at Wonder Workshop are so proud to announce our new professional learning initiative, Teach Wonder! As former classroom teachers, we know that educators have more demands and less time these days as they strive to reach every student. And in an ever-changing digital world, it can be difficult to stay up to date on the latest and greatest pedagogy. As we are committed to accelerating the adoption of computer science principles in 21st-century classrooms, we designed and developed our first 12-hour online course to support teachers as they integrate coding and robotics skills into everyday teaching and learning.
The need for quality edtech PD is more important than ever.
If ever there was a need for high-quality, sustained professional development, it is now, as educators face a perfect storm of factors demanding top performance. – State of the K-12 Market 2014
According to the Gates Foundation Teachers Know Best research, only 29% of educators are highly satisfied with current professional development offerings. Where does that leave the other 71%? Watch our recent edWeb webinar, where we address The Need for Quality Edtech Professional Development (find the archived video in our edWeb community).
That’s why we are so thrilled to have designed and developed our new online professional learning course, Introduction to Coding and Robotics with Dash & Dot, to meet this growing need for quality PD. In our new 12-hour online course, you will explore how computer science introduces you to new tech tools, addresses best practices of learning theory, complements thoughtful instructional design, and impacts classroom environments.
Delve into the why before tackling the what and the how of Wonder Workshop’s CleverBots, Dash & Dot.
Begin to make that meaningful shift towards 21st-century teaching and learning by completing course one. The six two-hour modules cover:
Who’s Mitchell Resnick? What’s an IR sensor? Why digital portfolios? How many CS-related jobs will there be in 2020? Pencil leads were wrapped in string?
The modules contain a mix of original and curated multimedia content, leveraging expertise and opinions from the field, plus have multiple checkpoints for reflection via our discussion forum and FlipGrid (video reflections). Connect with other educators across the country to exchange best practices. See more syllabus details at Teach Wonder. With course purchase, you automatically receive instructions for logging into the online platform, Litmos.
We are offering the course alone for $200 (a $300 value) or the course + a Dash robot bundled for $350 (a $450 value) via our online store. Also, we are partnering with state-based organizations to bring you even deeper discounts (see if your state is listed as a partner yet).
We’ve been excited by initial feedback and look forward to hearing more from you all once you dive in. Go ahead … Teach Wonder!
Mar 23, 2018